We’re Hiring an ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY!
The Santana Rodriguez Law (“SRLaw”) team practices immigration law in the areas of family and marriage-based residency, deportation defense, waivers, citizenship, naturalization, asylum, and appeals. The firm represents clients nationwide, with approximately 75% of clients residing in the South and Central Florida area. Our passion is empowering clients stuck in an immigration system that is overwhelming and disenfranchising. We understand the impact immigration matters have on our clients’ lives, and we strive to provide them great representation coupled with compassion and honesty.
Our next Immigration Associate Attorney will be a motivated and detail-oriented problem solver with 1+ years of experience with a family-based and removal defense background. The ideal candidate must have experience with removal proceedings, asylum, cancellation of removal, family-based filings, naturalization, consular processing, VAWA applications, I-212/I-601a waivers, and Cuban adjustment. A confident and proactive demeanor in immigration court and at USCIS interviews is also required. You must be able and willing to attend court hearings and interviews, be an excellent writer prepared to draft briefs and motions and be able to work with clients and co-workers from diverse backgrounds with a smile. Exemplary accountability and responsibility are required; our team values work/life balance and persons needing micromanaging need not apply.
- Ability to independently write EOIR and BIA briefs, reply to requests for evidence, and give a written legal opinion.
- Prepare clients for interviews, court hearings, and consular appointments.
- Attend both Master and Individual hearings in Immigration Court and interviews at USCIS offices.
- Research unique legal issues by identifying applicable statutes and judicial and agencies decisions.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect immigration.
- Florida licensed attorneys are preferred (but not required).
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited institution
- Written and spoken fluency in English AND Spanish
Compensation commensurate with experience and the labor market, including bonus opportunities.
Monday through Friday; full-time; in person in Miami, Florida.
HOW TO APPLY
Email cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com